October 9, 2012

Blog Post 7


What Nina Venables (the reviewer) said about my project 2 draft was very intriguing. My project still needs a lot of work and I think I can get it done with in 48 hours. I still need text but I got the layout pretty much finished

A quick summary of my project is that it focuses on Obama and Romney’s TV ads and some of their super PAC ads. The concept of my project incorporates pinning each candidate’s ads against each other, and analysis is provided to who is more effective while also including the terms that I learned in this class.

By the end, the audience will get a sense of what the ads meant and who made the most damage-hence the boxing concept of my layout. The last page of the project will show a “tell of the tape” that will contain bullet points about the candidate’s ads highlights, the facts, and the terms I learn in this class.

To get back to the peer reviewer, Nina said is that I should analysis each text with an unbiased approach. She also said that in my analysis of each advertisement of the different candidates, I shouldn’t discuss whom I’d vote for or whom the audience should find to be the better candidate. Ultimately, that makes a lot of sense because I can target many audiences. I, however, feel that if I want someone to vote for a candidate-in this case Obama- I want to make Obama seem like his ads prove more effective than Romney’s.

To address her concerns the best I can, I will analyze the text with an unbiased approach but in “The Tale of the Tape” page I will make a case for the best reason why someone should vote for Barrack Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment